Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Graduation Never Looked So Bleak...

I had an eye-opener just now.

To clarify beforehand, (WARNING: mushy-gushy hopeless romantic material) I love Corey. I really, truly, honestly do, to the deepest part of my existence. Scoff if you will, but its true. He is the love of my life. I would die if I lost him.

Which makes today so much harder.

A couple months ago, Corey decided he wanted to go into the Coast Guard after graduating this year. Which, of course, I fully support him on. It would give him something constructive to do to keep him busy while I'm away at university. We were expecting that he would go into the Coast Guard this fall, right about (more or less) when I would leave for university. We would make our goodbyes together, and go our separate ways for two years while I finished up my Bachelor's degree. Yes, we were expecting those two years to be dark and hard, but we knew what we were getting into.

My eye-opener just now was that he isn't leaving in the fall after all. He leaves in the summer. Right after graduation. It's so soon, much much too soon for comfort...

I was looking forward to summer vacation with him, going to the movies, hanging out at each other's houses, summer camp, and just... seeing him. So those two dark and hard years? They're now 3 months closer... I only have about 3 months left with him...

If I'm depressed and/or unresponsive, please understand. Just hug me and remind me it'll be okay.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there to give you the biggest hug ever, in person, as you know I feel the same. I love you!!!!! Call me if you need me!!!

    ReplyDelete